~THE HILLS HAVE EYES~
whois down 4 this 1
a mutilicious multi-day free-for-all to celebrate another year down the tubes.
basswarps, tweakybeats, audio artifacts and non-stop muzakill attrocities from the stables of the mutantwaveformz freakfarm.
BRING YOUR TOYZ, MUSICZ & HAPPY FACEZ!
from Sydney/Central Coast/Newcastle
- Hop onto the freeway, and head North until you get to the New England/Pacific Hwy junction at Maitland (Newy folk may wanna take an appropriate shortcut) - this is the roundabout just after the stripes on the freeway… you’ll know it when you see it!
- Keep following the New England Hwy (STRAIGHT AHEAD) towards Musswellbrook/Tamworth
- The cheapest fuel is usually at Willow Tree Truck Stop- you get a discount for paying cash AND you have a VERY DECENT CHANCE of winning a free burger or pie or something if you use their ATM to get money out- check your ATM receipt!
- When you’ve passed the village of Wallabadah (they’ll prolly have signs everywhere announcing the New Years Day Races) get ready for the next turn-off- you’ll be warned by the “Fossickers Way” and “Nundle” signs.
- Take the Nundle turn-off on your RIGHT (Tourist Drive 23) and ignore the distance signs… I dunno what the deal is there!!!
- Follow this road all the way (usually about 40mins, I don’t know the distance) to the T-intersection.
- Turn RIGHT at the T-intersection, towards Nundle. Follow signs to Nundle- the entrance to the town varies depending on the weather, but is always well signposted to the main crossroads.
- When you get to the Nundle crossroads (Post Office on left, Pub on right) turn LEFT.
- Immediately after leaving the town turn RIGHT towards Hanging Rock, Sheba Dams and Barry.
- Follow this all the way up the hill (it’s steep and windy in bits, so take care!) through the village of Hanging Rock, past Sheba Dams and up to the sign marked “Morrison’s Gap Rd” and “Arc-en-Ciel Trout Farm” (approx. 6kms past Sheba Dams).
- Turn RIGHT onto Morrison’s Gap Rd. You will pass over 3 cattle grids, and then come to a fork in the road, with some mailboxes and a sign pointing to the trout farm. GO STRAIGHT, NOT TO THE TROUT FARM!
- You will pass over another cattle grid and leave the open fields for rainforest. Follow this all the way ’til you see evidence of Yowies.
- 2WDs are prolly best to park to the left of the road, 4WDs can take the right-hand turn if they like… it’s only 25m, so it’s hardly worth it, though!
- Follow the New England Hwy South toward Tamworth.
- In Nemingah, turn LEFT onto Nundle Rd (Right if you’re coming from Tamworth) and follow the signs to Dungowan.
- At the Dungowan servo/shop, turn RIGHT at the roundabout, and follow toward Woolomin/Nundle.
- DIRECTIONS ARE THE SAME FROM NUNDLE CROSSROADS